First, take a moment and look at your AirPods. Really, look closely. If you've had them for a while, you might notice they're a little earwax crusty. Here's how to clean them without buying a special kit:
1. Grab a piece of gum and start chewing.
2. Meanwhile, tear off a piece of the gum's cardboard packaging and fold it in half so that it's small enough to fit inside the hole of the AirPod.
3. Scrape the surface and around the edges to loosen the earwax. Some of it may fall out as you're scraping.
4. Remove the gum from your mouth and let it dry slightly for 60 seconds
5. Then use the gum to shove it into the AirPod hole to collect residue. You'll see loose earwax stick to the gum.
6. Lastly, put the gum back in your mouth and enjoy... (j/k don't don't do that)
Ta-da! Your AirPods are like new. ✨